Sunday, February 24, 2013

Going Home from the Hospital


We had Lakyn on Jan. 8th--a Tuesday but could not leave until Thursday as my Strep B test came back positive so we had to stay for 48 hours to make sure that Lakyn did not get an infection!
We had a few visitors come up to see us to help pass the time--Caden and Brynn got to come up briefly the first day but then could not the 2nd day as no kids were allowed up to the nursery due to the bad flu breakout.  I did get to check out of the room on Wed. for a bit and go down to the lobby to hang out with Caden and Brynn and my parents--we ate supper together there and toured the hospital gift shop.  I got spoiled with some beautiful flowers and chocolate and Lakyn got an adorable puppy--the kids have great taste!

Mindy and Chris came to see us--the girls above and Chris and Mindy below---a funny about Chris holding Lakyn--they were switching nurses about the time the Allens came up and since Chris was holding Lakyn at that time--the nurse thought he was the dad :)--Layne quickly claimed her!
The Allen kiddos get to meet Lakyn a little bit later! It was such a nice, relaxing, quiet visit without our other kiddos!


One of my very special moms who spoils me non stop--I have taught both her kiddos and love this family--Kindra loved on Lakyn for a long time!


Our good friend Karen from church!


Two of my good friends from school, Kylie and Jericca also came to visit, but they brought their kids and had to visit in shifts,so I did not get a picture but loved that they came to see us!

Our going home outfit that Mommy and Grandma in Ellsworth picked out --the headband was the same one Brynn wore home as well! Lakyn is my first child that went home in a newborn outfit instead of a premie one!



Daddy making sure she is good to go!


So tiny!


All packed up!


Here we go--ready to tackle the world of three kiddos!


Beautiful flowers that cheered up our house for several weeks--from my family, from some wonderful friends, and from Layne's work!


More visitors came to visit--coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment