Monday, December 31, 2012

Snow and Cooking!

Oh the joys of snow--if I don't have to be out driving in it, I love it as well!  Snow is also not much fun when you are 8 to 9 months pregnant, but our kids love it!  We only had a half day of school before Christmas break and it snowed the night before!  So Caden and I went to school, had our Christmas parties and movie day, came back to Salina to eat lunch with Daddy, and then this kiddo bundled up and was out in the snow by himself for over 2 hours!  He had a stick, a shovel, and he was happy--even helped shovel our neighbors sidewalk which made this momma pretty proud!


Then New Year's Eve we wake up to snow again--and Caden woke up with a loud shout because--YES, it snowed!  Brynn joined the party this time and so did Daddy.  Mommy snuck out a couple times to get a few pictures and then watched the fun from inside!

 I think you can guess what is going to happen to poor Caden--yes, at times, I live with three children, but he was a good sport!

Daddy gotcha!

Layne made a few sledding ramps and took the kids sledding--I missed getting a picture of Caden, but Brynn ate it up--take a look at her face--one happy girl!
 


I love holiday cooking at Christmas, but I have gestational diabetes with this pregnancy and although I have a very mild case, I have to watch my sweets and carbs so my blood sugar does not get out of whack.  I made a few items, but thankfully I have a very talented husband who doesn't mind cooking, so he did a lot of cookies and fudge so we could each take some goodies to work with us and then I froze several containers of goodies so that after baby comes, we can have a sweet party!  My parents and a friend of ours from church made sugar cookies for Caden and Brynn to decorate and decorate they did--mom and dad helped them decorate cookies one weekend in December when they kept the kids overnight and decorating cookies took most of the day--mom had quite the array of decorated cookies and of coarse we had to have pink frosting and blue frosting--plus a few other colors and don't forget the sprinkles!!




My manly man who also cooks and bakes--when needed--thank goodness!


No comments:

Post a Comment