Sunday, August 11, 2013

7 months for Lakyn


Magic number 7--here we go!

Some milestones for Lakyn--sitting up all by herself! 
 Eating lots of baby food and also deciding that people food might be better than baby food--so also trying out some noodles, pancakes, puffs, cheerios, and chopped up veggies!
Pretty much has the sippy cup down just in this last week!  We have been doing a sippy cup for lunch and dinner.
She is scooting a bit on her tummy and constantly turning every which way on her tummy.

Funny Lakyn story---this girl LOVES ice cream already--and yes, for better or for worse she has had ice cream.  Layne usually eats his ice cream in the evenings in the same cup--a couple weeks ago Lakyn saw Layne holding his cup and she started shaking and whining watching Daddy the whole time because she wanted a bite---this girl has some Parry in her!

We also had Dilly Bars with some friends of ours about a week ago and Kelly was holding Lakyn and and the Dilly Bar--you could tell Lakyn wanted a bite--so I told Kelly to go ahead and let her have a bit of the ice cream--Lakyn grabbed the stick and pulled the ice cream into her mouth and had ice cream from ear to ear--Kelly and I had a good laugh and although I have no pictures, it was a great picture in my mind that won't be forgotten!

Lakyn plays well with her toys, still enjoys her brother and sister, and loves being outside--but as you can see from the picture below--we are having a hard time fighting off the mosquitos--YUCK!

We had her 6 month pictures done a couple weeks ago and Lindsey got some wonderful pictures of her outside--I painted her toenails for the 1st time, but just did a light pink so you can just see a little sparkle!  Lakyn sat outside in her bumbo while I painted away!

Lakyn is still getting up once or twice at night---one of these days--I know she will surprise us but we are letting her cry awhile and then going in to pat her back until the day she does-ha!

I have also started supplementing with formula as I am heading back to work this week---so I plan to nurse still in the morning and at night and will use formula some of the other times.

Here is this cutie at 7 months--and just for fun--I put Brynn and Caden's 7 month picture in too--she has a good mix of both of them but she is my blondest baby so far!

 Lakyn
 Brynn
Caden

No comments:

Post a Comment