Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sept.--catching up!

Since I spent my sweet time telling all about Cancun, I get to back-track a bit and catch up on some family times and pictures!

I have tried the last couple of years to get a picture of my kids and I
on my birthday--so here we are on Sept. 7th, 2010!
Layne spoiled me on Sunday and had Kristi come baby-sit and he took
me shopping for my birthday--one of his least favorite things!
He was a great sport and even picked out a few things and gave opinions--
kind of nice to have--once in awhile! He picked out my green shirt in this picture and he has decided that this was a pretty good idea and he may do it every year!
We also enjoyed dinner out at Carlos.


Beautiful flowers from my kids for my birthday--my birthday this year
was full of ups and downs. A good college friend of mine lost her 30 year old husband and my birthday was his funeral. It was great to see many good college friends, but what a sad way to see them--Lana is amazing all of us with her faith and strength and I feel so blessed to have her as a friend. Another good friend of ours--Kate and Dana had their sweet baby girl on my birthday--so I have a beautiful little girl to share my birthday which made the day a lot brighter!
Thanks to all my family and friends for the wishes, yummy cake and icecream, cards, gifts, and dinners out--it was appreciated!

On to the kids--Layne and friend Ryan took Caden to the car races the first of this month--I told Layne he needed to find something for Caden's ears, so here is Brynn modeling the ear muffs--she loved them and would wear them around--she put them on one night and then went and sat on our toy tractor--it was hilarious, but I was not fast enough to get a picture!
Caden LOVED the car races--Layne said his eyes were big sausages when they got there and he refused to leave early--boys and their toys!



Depending on the night--and what mood these two are in--sometimes they take a bath together and sometimes not--but here was daddy's lasted hair style for them!

And after bath comes snuggling and snack time in the big brown chair--one of my favorite times!

We are soo excited to be outside in this awesome fall weather, but the mosquitos have been terrible--I am ready for one really cold night so those nasty bugs go away--both kids loved having water in their sand box--kept them both busy for about 30 min.


Brynn is just full of smiles and words right now--every day she is surprising us with
new words--some of my favorites are "See ya" and "Wove you" and "Where going?"
She also comes running and squealing to the door when I get to Val's to pick them up--what an amazing welcome--it makes my day!


Caden is still going strong with being soo good one moment and very stubborn and naughty the next, but where would my world be without him!

2 comments:

  1. I so know what you mean with Caden's nice/naughty mood swings! We are going through that right now, too! Glad to see someone else is dealing with the same 3 yr old boy issues! :)

    ReplyDelete