Monday, August 23, 2010

Cancun--Day 3: Beach Day

We spent some of each day in the pool or on the beach, but Monday was reserved all day for relaxing and enjoying the beach and water. Janell and Kristi captured a volleyball right away, so we tried out the net in the pool--as we added more people, it was more fun, but we spent a lot of time chasing the ball. We decided to save more volleyball action for the beach!
I loved lounging by the pool and jumping in whenever I wanted, but this was also the day I missed the kiddos the most--I know they would have loved the water and the sand, but it was also super nice not to have to keep an eye on them or worry about naps--we just got to look out for us--you need that break once in awhile! Oh ya--did I mention aqua water and white sand beaches??!

Nell, Layne, and Kristi--some volleyball action.

Moving on to sand volleyball--I played some of the first game--we played our girls against the guys--the ladies were doing really good until we started keeping score...and then my husband slammed one right into my face--he meant to slam the ball--just not in my face--right into my cheek where my sunglasses were--I finished that game and then decided being photo girl and beach bum was more fun! Layne did feel really bad--especially when I ended up with a bruise a few days later! The rest of the family then joined up with some other beach volleyball players and enjoyed several games of volleyball.

The spectators in the pool watching the volleyball match.

My husband--he is so into the game when he has time to make faces at the camera!

Miss Farm Girl--in all her glory!

And Mr. Pool Boy...

Layne--cooling off in the ocean.

Bobble heads--cooling off in the ocean before
another volleyball match.
Jake, Nell, Kristi, and David in the ocean.

That night Kristi, Janell, and I decided to walk across the street to the strip mall--right as we left it started down pouring. We decided to go ahead and shop--figuring the rain would not last long--it lasted a lot longer than we thought! So cold and wet, we found our way to a chocolate city restaurant and a little slice of heaven! We shared gourmet icecream in a glass cup rolled in peanut butter and drizzled with chocolate and carmel and nuts--plus whipped cream and a cherry--it was amazing! I decided to try some white chocolate hot chocolate an although it was tasty and warmed us up--with the icecream--it was a little much and it was all the three of us could do to share a cup without bursting--a glass of water tasted awesome after all that sweetness!

No comments:

Post a Comment