Sunday, February 21, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day--A little late!

We had fun celebrating Valentine's Day with our family! I tried to let Caden pick out his own Valentine's for daycare this year and it was quite the adventure at Target. He told me on the way to Target all the people at Val's that he needed Valentine's for and then when we got to the card row, he thought he needed a WHOLE box for every person--he did do a great job with theme as he picked Tinkerbell for the girls, Scooby Do for the one little boy, and CARS for the other boy--I tried to explain that there were a lot of cards in each box and we just needed 1 box for him, but he was determined and put all the boxes in the cart. I let it go for awhile and did my other shopping and then put them back at the end and told him we had to ask daddy about Valentine's! He was satisfied with that answer and I just bought his Valentine's when I was out shopping by myself!
One cute quote of the day was from Caden. My parent's had given him a new hot wheel car and after he opened it he said, "That was nice of them, I think!" I love the "I think"--he is using that phrase a lot lately, so must be hearing it at daycare!
Anyways--although late, Happy Valentine's Day everyone!!!

Brynn and Caden opening their presents from Mom and Dad.

Caden's new "real" basketball--he is doing lots of dribbling!

Brynn got new PJ's--she looks super excited!


Mommy got flowers--and Caden also picked some out for Aunt Kristi since she was visiting for the weekend!

Daddy got an icecream cake--and yes, that is a dill pickle and yes, there is a story behind that, but that is Layne's story to tell, so you can ask him the details!

And yes, Mommy got a pretty necklace as well--not the greatest picture, but I love little boxes! Layne told me that I deserve something nice every 5 years---just completed the moment--thank you honey!

Brynn is "reading" her Valentine card from Aunt Nell and Uncle Jake--she is all about paper!

No comments:

Post a Comment