Saturday, September 19, 2009

Turning 30!

I hit the wonderful milestone of turning 30 in September. It wasn't too bad--best of all, my birthday was on Labor Day--so no school! On the Friday before, my co-teachers had asked the first graders to secretly bring 30 items for me, so they all paraded in with many bags of 30 items from pennies to buttons to lots of candy, they had fun giving me all my presents. That afternoon, one of my first grader's mom also surprised me and brought me a big birthday cookie to share with my 1st graders, so the weekend was off to a great start!

On Sunday, Layne's parents watched the kids so we could have some grown-up time and we went to Manhattan and watched "All About Steve." Ok movie--it got better as it went on, but it is amazing how much you can enjoy just a car ride without children once in awhile! We also enjoyed supper and icecream!

Monday, on my birthday, Layne's mom spoiled me with a home cooked lunch with chocolate sheet cake and then that night my parent's came over for my yearly birthday angel food cake and homemade icecream! So between all the goodies to eat, and many friends and family to see and love, I have a lot to be thankful for and will enjoy the dirty thirties! :)

My kids and I on my 30th b-day!

No comments:

Post a Comment